Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You Know What Really Makes Me Mad?

Without sounding too "Andy Rooneyish", you know what really gets my goat? It's when people who pass you on the street say, "How ya' doin'?" or "What's happenin'". They don't care how I am doing. They couldn't care less. If that's the case, then why bother saying it? A nice pleasant "Hi" or "Hello" would be fine. I would usually prefer to pass on by without a single word, or glance for that matter, being exchanged.

Some day I would love to turn around, catch up with them, and let them know how my day is REALLY goin'! Maybe, just maybe, the next time our paths cross, they might just walk on by. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment