Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Wierd Stuff

Driving to the store this afternoon I had a brand new experience. (The best way I have found to describe an event is to compare it to something that people can easily relate to.) The best comparison that can describe my experience is a television that is slightly off channel. You can't understand this using todays television sets. When I was young, each channel had to be "tuned in", the know slowly turned one way, then another, incrementally, until a clear picture was achieved.

Right before that point of achievement the picture is nearly there, not entirely, but with a little static. You could see the picture, but, as I have heard it said, it was a "bubble out of plumb"; almost there, but not quite. During my drive everything seemed a little out of focus; not so much visible focus, but more a focus of perception.

I've decided that, since these kinds of occurances are pretty common, and thus a part of me now, I will experience them, and not shy away, or be fearful. thus goes life.

No comments:

Post a Comment