Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This state of depression I have been experiencing for months is really wearing me down. I talked to my pDoc two days ago, and all he did was prescribe more meds. I told him I was taking too many as it was, and I wasn't interested in taking any more. I told him I either needed to be hospitalized, or at the very least, IOP (Intensive Out Patient) treatment. His office arranged for a person to contact me, but she left a message at my home phone, and when I called her back, she was gone. I called back this morning, only to learn that her office was closed on Tuesday.

This is how a crisis is dealt with by my doctor?

Tomorrow I am driving my wife to an appointment in a nearby town. I told her that, after I pick her up, I am feeling no better, we will stop a local hospital that offers inpatient services for MI, and I will be evaluated, with hopes of getting to stay a few days for med review and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment