Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Tonight's the Night

Tonight is the night! This is the night my boss, the District Superintendent, comes to talk to the church. Some of the members have asked her to stop by and make certain she knows that they support me. The reason is because the Pastor Parish Review Committee has recommended that I not be called back next year.

Keep in mind this is a recommendation only, and the final decision is totally up to the DS and the Bishop. I feel I'll be called back here next year for my 9th year, but God only knows.

The problem with this kind of meeting is that for nearly 3 hours I get to hear people talk about me, both good and bad, with me in the room. Believe me, this is a VERY stressful situation, and one I'd never recommend to anyone. I was quiet and expressionless both when they were critical and when they were supportive.

Recently additional stress has brought on bouts of shingles. Due to my scoliosis, I have a twisted rib centered where the Chicken Pox virus lies (or so I have been told), and stress causes this to swell, which in turn irritates the virus. It starts out feeling like my skin is "sore". Then when the Shingles come about, I'm in for weeks of problems.

God, please help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment