Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tragedy in My Household

Freinds,

Sorry about my absence. My wife had a massive stroke at 12:15 a.m. on Friday, 20 at our house. She was in CCU for 7 days, and then transferred to Rehab for 3 weeks.

** A warning to those who think this couldn't happen to them: She is 56 years old, 107#, has swam at least a mile 3 times a week for over 30 years, has been a vegetarian for nearly 40 years and had a resting pulse of 40 or under. However, she did have bp problems, and was taking Coreg to control that.

A major blood vessel on the right side of her brain burst but, fortunately, sealed itself off right away. Otherwise, she would be in a coma or possibly dead.

She is home now. Her speech, mental capacity and long-term memory are all intact. She is walking again, but still has no feeling on her left side from her hip down. This obviously makes walking difficult. There are also other difficulties that may or may not go away.

I will be posting from time to time. Please keep us in your prayers. Winston
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment