Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Monday, November 2, 2009

My Poetry



Don’t Ask
Don’t ask me to change; there is no dream,
No future, no reality, except for the reality of finality.
Don’t ask me to change, because I can’t.
It would be easier for you to grow a third leg,
Than for me to overcome my reality.

I know you don’t believe me, you can’t.
You cannot put yourself in my place,
Because my place is occupied.

Where two people usually meet, we cannot,
For I cannot leave my world,
And you cannot leave yours.

This is truth – won’t, can’t change.
This is my reality.
Carry on; I’ll be fine.
(more to come)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment