Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Judgement Day" ... With A Twist

Tomorrow (Monday, November 02) my board (Pastor Parish Relations Committee - PPRC) meets to decide whether or not to invite me back for a 10th year. This group is controlled by a few people that don't want me here. They have tried to have reassigned for the past 4-5 years, with no success. In order for the Bishop to consider moving me, they need to come up with a "ministry-related" reason. After trying diligently to come up with something, they can not. It does give me some satisfaction that, after all of these years, they can't come up with any problems in my ministry serious enough to get rid of me.

Keep in mind that 95% of the congregation wants me here; if not, at least they're not vocal. But this year I have a little surprise for them all. I am going to announce at the start of this meeting that I have asked to be relocated after the end of this year. I cannot work part-time ... let me rephrase that. I can't get by on part-time pay and no insurance. My boss (D.S) says that he can probably find me a full-time appointment, but we might have to relocate somewhere within the state.

Any way, at this upcoming meeting, after I make the announcement, I plan to talk very candidly, but in a Christian manner, about how I know what they have been trying to do to me. For instance, about six months ago, our church had a chance to join together with another area church in sharing a pastor (me). This would have come real close to solving our financial problem, and would have allowed me to stay on full time. However, this was voted down, and the reason was it would be too hard on the pastor. Now they want to go to a part-time pastor, which will be very hard on the pastor they want so to protect.

This is a real scary time for Connie and me. The only thing in our life that is certain is God. Everything else is up in the air. The things uncertain in our lives at this point are: my job, Connie getting her SS disability, paying our bills (especially medical), our house selling and the plan to move to Florida. Please keep us in your prayers. The strength of your prayers will certainly help to keep us going.

Thanks, and God bless!

More later,

wcsSr

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment