Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Here It Is ... Whatever That Is

Hello from the retirement home of the BiPolar Pastor and his wife!

The strange thing is that it looks identical to the home before retirement, with the only difference being a lack of resources (ie; paychecks). The same bills, but not the same income.

Saturday we went to the farmer's market in town. I have never been a very outgoing person, and usually try to avoid talking to people that I don't know. It's a strange trait for a pastor, but that's who I am. My wife, on the other hand, is very affable. I learn from her time and time again what happens when you engage someone in conversation.

At the farmer's market I was talking to a vendor, when I noticed she had a number of mental health flyers at her booth. She also suffered from bipolar disorder. It was nice to find a local bipolar sufferer.

So I think one think I'll do when retired is to try and strike up a conversation with a stranger from now to now.

Bookmark and Share




No comments:

Post a Comment