Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Retirement Is Heavier Than I Thought

The weight of retirement is much heavier than I ever thought. It is easier if I think of myself as on disability, which is really the case. All of the time I spent bitching about not being able to "come out", and here I am, out for the very thing that I swore I would talk about if ever given the opportunity.

So, the opportunity serves the possiblity of exclosure on a silver platter, and I am talking my way around the issue. SHAME ON ME.

I pray that God gives me the strength and opportunity to share the truth with others. I am alive, functioning well, socially capable and mentally ill. They need to see that we are people just like everyone else. And I need to do my part in that exposure, and I will.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment