Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just Plain Nuts

I met with my therapist today for one hour. I pretty much talked non-stop, and the meeting can be summarized as "same-o same-o"

And the hits just keep on coming.

The title is from a great Gary Larson Far Side cartoon. It is drawn as if you are looking over the psychiatrist's shoulder. In this manner you can see his pad of paper and a man lying on the couch. As the man talks, obviously describing in detail what ails him, the shrink has written on his pad three simple words; "Just plain nuts!" I just love it.

Caio for now

No comments:

Post a Comment