Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Thanks Britney

I can't believe it. They think that Britney might be bipolar. Great. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water ... It seems like this always plays out the same old way; star hits it big; star gets wild; star does very strange things; star is out of control; star is BIPOLAR. Give me a #@$$*&*^ break!

When someone like her is labeled as MI, then those of us who are medicated, and expend so much energy and effort on "fitting in" are also labeled. However, I don't think our fans would be so supportive and loving. Where she would be nurtured back to her old job, I would probably lose mine. (150 members of a UMC congregation aren't usually that accepting, believe it or not. Their attitude would be something like, " You can be that way, but just not here" or "I've seen the way that made ( ) act. What happens when you act that way"? But the biggie is this: "When you make an error in judgment, how will we know if it was an honest mistake, or your 'problem' acting up?"

You won't.

A while back when that college student did the shooting a Virginia Tech, we were knocked back a step or two. I know I held my diagnosis even closer. And now this.

No comments:

Post a Comment