Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remembering What You've Forgotten

Well, today was an interesting day.I finally decided to fill out that disability form for the insurance company through work. I have been putting it off, but I am worried that, if I wait too long, they will make me part-time, and then I wouldn't be eligible.

When I went to get the form, I couldn't find it. I looked at home, at work and in the car. Now, this doesn't mean it isn't at one of these three places. It simply meaens that I can't find it. Often when i look for something, it disappears until the third or fourth search, at which time it magically appears. I swear this is the case. Do our minds sometimes take what we are looking for, and erase it's appearance from our brain?

So, tonight I will search my car and at home for the form. I know it's somewhere (of course), but where is the big mystery. Tomorrow I'll post what happens. Please pray for happy hunting!

Ciao for now ...
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment