Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Full-Time to Part-Time Update

The Staff Pastor Parish Committee and our District Superintendent met on Monday, December
07 to finalize the plans of the church to make my position part-time, thus eliminating more than 1/2 of my salary and all benefits. Obviously this was a great concern, considering Connie's stroke and my rapidly declining health. Since Pastor's are not eligible for COBRA, if we lose insurance, we won't be able to get it again. (NOTE: Insurance is only available to fll-time pastors.)

Isn't it amazing how two lives can change entirely within the blink of an eye?

I spoke for about 20 minutes and then left the meeting. From what I heard about the 3 hour meeing, the District Superintendent said the following:

1. I have a one year contract as a full-time pastor, that doesn't end until June 31, 2010. The
church needs to honor that.
2. The Lay Leader, who was the instigator of all of the trouble, was told to step down from that
poaition.
3. I will be appointed to another full-time church (either one church at full-time, or two half-
time churches, which would equal a full-time charge.
4. When I am reappointed, the church will receive a part-time pastor.

I truly thank God for the way this has worked out. Eight years ago He called me into the ministry and, try as they may, they couldn't get me moved. This Spring God released me from this call at this church, so I wa able to trust that He would take care of me, just like He always has and always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment