Riding the Wave ... And the Trough

I am mentally ill, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I, OCD, ADHD, PTSD and a vitamin B12 deficiency (a key element in brain development). For over 12 years, I took anywhere from 5-8 psychotropic meds each day, and have been recently giving myself a monthly injection of B12.

In January 2012 I was hospitalized for depression, and management of my currrent med cocktail. Immediately all but two of my meds were discontinued and, after a few weeks of adjustment, and some near hospitalizations, things seem to be going much better.

I have been on permanent disability since January 2010, and am adjusting to life on a very limited income.

My prayer is that in walking with me during the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder, you might find solace, and benefit through my experiences.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Slowing the Rabbit's Descent ... MAYBE

Today my therapist saw some things that weren't quite right, and sent me to see my Psychiatrist pronto. She thought I might need to go to the hospital.The pdoc decided to try a med adjustment. He stopped the mirtazipine, and replaced it with zypexa

No comments:

Post a Comment